Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

When it is on Amazon, it is Official!


Study 1
I'm calling this Study 1, because I don't have access
to the titles of the works in the book.  This will be
given away in a drawing open to the first 50 people who
purchase the presale book on Amazon.

Wax + Paper, Techniques for Combining Handmade Paper and Encaustic Paint (whew! that's a mouthful) has appeared on Amazon for presale.  Amazon  The presale price is almost a third off of the retail price!  What a deal.  Attending a lunch with the sales team of North Light in Cincinnati last month, I learned a lot about how getting a book to market works.  The big retailers will order books based on the number of presale orders.  Wouldn't it be fun to sell out BEFORE the book actually became available?

I like a challenge so I am setting up an incentive program, beginning NOW. The first great incentive is the Amazon presale price ($8.50 off the retail price).  You will notice, though, that the cover image is not yet available on their website.  So, one of my incentives will be the "great reveal."  For the first 50 people who pre-order the book from Amazon, and send me a copy of the receipt by email (michelle@michellebelto.com) I will give you a sneak peak at the cover.  Your name will also be entered in a drawing for some of the art works from the book that I will be giving away.  I plan to add new incentives until the Spring, so keep posted.

The experience of writing a book has been fun and exciting...and yes, a lot of work.  I've had several requests from aspiring authors who want more information about the process of getting an idea to market.  I will be using this blog in two ways: to talk about my experience and provide relevant information for someone who might also want to get published, and to give a sneak preview of some of the techniques from the book.

Thanks for following!  I welcome your comments and look forward to distributing all of the art created for the book to lucky winners throughout the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment